Today, I'm Grateful for
an answered prayer.
five days ago, i lost my cell phone.
i went out on a late-afternoon walk.
when i returned home
the cell phone was gone.
i figured that eli had dropped it
when he was listening to his tunes.
i re-traced our walking route
but found it nowhere.
three different times
i patted down the stroller
thinking it was hiding in there somewhere
all to no avail.
what made me the most anxious?
all of my videos from russia 7 months ago
were still on that phone.
I had never figured out how to download them
to my computer.
I worried that all of anya's memories of russia
would fade away
with only a few pictures.
this morning, when i woke
the first thought that came to my mind
was this:
"i'm going to find my cell phone today."
i knelt down and prayed to God
reminding Him how important
those russia videos were to us.
i plead with Him to please bring to my mind
the place where my cell phone was hiding.
this morning
unlike the past five days
i expected an answer.
my first thought was to go out to the garage.
i looked at the stroller again
knowing full-well that i had already searched it
three times
but thought i should check it once more.
almost as if a light bulb had turned on
i remembered:
the canopy was folded up
and i hadn't checked
inside the folds.
there it was.
my beautiful, bright pink phone.
immediately, tears sprang to my eyes.
Jesus loves me.
after whispering a prayer of thanks
for leading me directly to my phone
my next thought was something like this:
WAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you, I love you
my cute little pink phone. I love you!
![]() |
| Sadie and Jenna doing the Toyota jump for me. |
once again, i was reminded
that the Lord cares about the very details of our lives
and hears our prayers.


2 comments:
I love this! My testimony of prayer increases every time I ask for His help to find something. More often than not, it helps. I especially love the testimony it gives my children when Heavenly Father hears their pleas to help find a lost toy. He has listened and helped every time. I am so grateful.
Love, Julie (Jeremy's friend from his LDSSA days). :)
What a relief! It's awful when something is lost, something that isn't just "stuff" but something really important. So happy that you found it!
Post a Comment