Saturday, November 12, 2011

gratitude: day 12

Today, I'm grateful for
our new sock system.


managing the laundry of eight people is a huge undertaking.
no one here likes to match and fold socks.

the kids' rooms are up a flight of stairs.
no one likes running up the stairs to find socks.

so
i purchased these nifty little drawers
and labeled them with our names.

as the socks come out of the dryer
they go directly into their respective drawers.
they only get matched if i happen to see a match
as i'm throwing them in.

this has saved me so. much. time.
it's pretty awesome. 

the kids' shoes are all kept in Ikea bins by the garage door
which is next to the laundry room.
as they leave the house, they grab their socks and shoes 
put them on right there
and they are on their way!


i'm in love with our new sock system.
anything that simplifies housework
and keeps things organized with little effort
is my friend.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Okay, I'm in love with your shoe cabinet (so much so that I've had this page bookmarked since I read the post, so that I could come back and try to figure out how to get one just like it for us). You say they're IKEA bins -- are they the TRONES shoe cabinet? That's the closest match I can find on the IKEA site (though it says it's only available in red and black). And if so, how did you mount them on your wall? I desperately need something like this.