Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Boo.


As much as I dislike Halloween (sorry,) it was so fun experiencing it with Anya for her first time this year. She LOVED carving pumpkins and dressing up in her pretty costume, and REALLY LOVED trick-or-treating. It was right up her alley. What can be better than ringing all the neighbor's doorbells, saying hello and getting candy dropped into your bucket?
Not much, for a social butterfly who loves treats! 


Halloween was on Monday this year, so we carved the pumpkins Sunday night. 

That night, we tried a temporary die in Bennett's hair
for his werewolf costume.
It worked...kinda. His hair's a little too blonde.

Here's the jack-o-lantern he carved all by himself!


 Eli helped with his pumpkin, too. 



His had a tongue that stuck out! 


Landon and Sadie partnered up to create some spectacular pieces. 
 Landon cut out a ghost and Sadie cut Mickey Mouse out of hers.





 Max made a cool guy who was eating a littler guy. He cut it out by himself! Impressive.



And here we have the finished masterpieces

The next morning the kids got to wear their costumes to school.
Since the morning kindergarten class is gone before the big school costume parade,
they had their own little one where they walked through a few of the classrooms
and wowed the big kids and teachers with their cuteness.

On the way back, Anya was holding the class T.A's hand.
When she spotted me, she came running!
(Her aide, Pam is  in the background. We love Pam SO MUCH!)

These kinds of pictures make my heart go pitter-patter. 


Did Bennett not make a cool werewolf, or what? The only part he didn't like was that people kept calling him The Hulk all day.

Say what? Since when did the Hulk have such a hairy chest and hands?

Sadie and Max took off so fast for school, then again when it was time for trick-or-treating, that I didn't get any pictures of either of them. UGH!  Anyway, Sadie was a nerd (a cute one.) And Max was a Zombie. We made him look really cool with ratted hair and makeup, like Bennett.


Love this one of my two Kindergartners. 
Bennett's like, "I'm such a stud"
and Anya's like, "He's such a stud."

Add the bumblebee and you've got so much cuteness, it's almost hard to bear.

Hope y'all had a happy Halloween.
One more down. Yay.
364 days till the next one. YAY!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Very cute. I'm not much of a Halloween fan either. We don't even carve pumpkins because I just don't like the mess. But I do like dressing the kiddos up to take cute pictures. And your kiddos are definitely cuties.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

The Annessa Family said...

All kinds of precious! Looks like they all had fun!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVED all the pic. thanks for sharing. love the kids in the pic's also. bennett, Happy Birthday on monday, the 7th. love you.g.fillmore.

Cynthia said...

So fun! I actually *love* Halloween but only the nice and family oriented parts. I like that children get to dress up and that adult friends, family, and neighbors get to ooh and aah over them! Add the sweetness of candy and it is a child's paradise! ;-)
I find it so heartwarming every time I see pictures of Anya being able to just be a child, with everyday children's activities and the ability to run into her mother's arms. It's just beautiful....
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com