Monday, November 21, 2011

gratitude: day 21

Today, I'm grateful for
the day we met Anya.

It was a year ago today
the monday before thanksgiving
when jeremy and i found ourselves
in st. petersburg, ru$$ia
meeting our future daughter.

I caught up with her this morning
during her breakfast
for an anniversary interview.
she managed to get a few answers in
between her bites of cheerios.




What a miraculous day that was.
I remember just standing in awe
at how the Holy Ghost directs us
when we're open to new experiences
and how at home we all felt with each other.




Here's my blog post from that day.
And here's the video I made when we returned home.
oh, the emotions that this video brings to the surface.
 i still can't watch it without getting all teary.
we're so blessed.

3 comments:

amy said...

Happy One Year!!! The video of Eli and Anya eating their cherrios is so cute. I love how they are sitting right next to each other. They look like little partners in crime :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i agree with amy, for sure.

AdriKrehbiel said...

I can't believe it's been a year that you first met Anya. I still remember like it was the other day when I started following your adoption journey. I love the video and I remember crying when I watched your video and reading your blog last year also!!! Happy one year anniversary!!!