Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend in St. George

We like spending Thanksgiving Weekend in St. George with my family. It’s so nice and warm there, and the kids love hanging out with their cousins. This year, since it was a Fillmore year for Thanksgiving, we decided to head down the day after.

But it was a little different this year. Half of our family stayed home. Landon had to work (at Arby’s) and Eli had a cough. So Jeremy stayed home with Landon, Eli and Anya and I drove his car down with the other 3. It was a bummer to not all be together, but I have to be honest. It was really relaxing. Smile I listened to a book on CD the whole way there and back, and hardly heard a peep from the kids. The fighting was minimal and no one whined about how cramped they were. Sooooo….this is what it’s like to only have 3 kids, with the youngest being 7. Ha ha.

Grandpa made his traditional Day-After Thanksgiving Turkey Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes and we all met in their clubhouse to eat and play games.

But first, Grandma had a little job for the teenage girls: Making some homemade Ho-Ho’s. Smile

St Geo 1

I didn’t get many pictures that weekend because I left my camera home. The phone camera did the job for a few pics, though.

St Geo 2

Max LOVE his two cousins, Garrett and Tyler. They have so much fun together. One advantage of having such a huge family is that pretty much every kid has a friend around their age to hang out with. 

St Geo 3

We played “Do you love your neighbor” and charades after dinner.

St Geo 4

No St. George trip is complete without a pool party at Grandpa and Grandma’s condo!

St Geo 6

On our way out of town, the kids talked me into a stop at Chuck-A-Rama. They somehow have this thing in their head that we have to do this every time we leave St. George. Lucky kids. I can count on one hand the number of times I went out to eat while I was growing up.

St Geo 7

No comments: