Saturday, December 8, 2012

Daddy’s Home

I took this picture the night that Jeremy returned from Russia. Man, did we ever miss Daddy while he was gone.

IMG_8459 sm

If you haven’t been following our adoption blog, we went to Russia the first week in November for court. After a week there, I went home because the judge had waived the 30-day waiting period. We thought we would be finishing the process and bringing Hazel home a week later, but I needed to get home to the kids. Jeremy stayed there alone. The only problem is…the passport agency changed their minds a couple of times and in the end decided not to give us Hazel’s passport before the 30-day appeal period had ended. It was a long, hard week for Jeremy in frozen Novo. It was hard on all of us. Very emotional. We were very happy to see him when he got home. I learned that it’s definitely harder being the one at home than it is being the one gone.  Now he’ll get a turn, when Sadie and I go and leave him here to do the same. This traveling stuff is so hard! But we somehow survive it all.

No comments: