Monday, March 10, 2008

Nameste'



I thought I'd snap a couple shots at yoga today. We have a great group of about 20 ladies who meet at the stake center to exercise 3 times/week. We usually have 10-15 come on a given day. We started the group up over 4 years ago with just our ward, but it grew into more of a regional thing, with people bringing their friends, etc. We have yoga on Monday, TurboKick on Wednesday (that's the one I teach) and step/weights on Friday. As you can see in the photo, we close the big curtain about 2/3 of the way then tie the doors in the gym shut so the kids can't get out in the halls. For the most part, they just play on that half of the gym and we work out on our half. Once in a while they need attention, but it's a great thing for ladies who want to exercise in a group but not have to pay for a membership or daycare. I love my aerobics girlfriends! I look forward to seeing them each week. And we really appreciate Amy, who comes early to set up and stays late to clean up. It has taken a ton of pressure off of me to have to be there every time. Of course, we are very grateful to our stake leaders who are allowing us the use of the building, too!

1 comment:

tara said...

I'm SO coming to these classes once I have this baby. Please remind me that I told you that. ;)