Monday, March 3, 2008

Girls' Day


S.has been begging me to take her and her friends to get a pedicure for weeks. I'm telling you, when she gets something in her little head that she want to do and I tell her "when we get the time," she pleads and mopes and whines, day in and day out until we can't take it any more! So we finally had time today because there was no school. There's one place that I was willing to take them because they will do little girls for like $5. Lo and behold, they are closed on Mondays (this is AFTER I told her that today was the day. Time to improvise, and quick! I was pleasantly surprised when I suggested that we do makeup here instead, and she gladly said "OK!" So we dug out the old Mary Kay supplies (man those come in handy sometimes!) K., A., L. and S. were in heaven. I told them they couldn't say one negative thing about themselves the whole time, and it was so funny. One of them would say something like, "I hate my bangs" and immediately put her hand on her mouth and say "woops!" We talked about how beautiful they all were from the inside out, and how important it was to learn to love themselves for who they were. The makeup was just for fun. A little sparkly pink eye shadow and lipgloss and a touch of mascara and blush. GORGEOUS!

2 comments:

Julie H. said...

Very fun! Love a good "all about me" session.

tara said...

The female population needs more days like this - like our "ladies night out" - that was so much fun! Looks like they're having a great time!