Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yum!

wrap

We got a Costco rebate the other day, so I splurged on a few things that I don’t usually get: Sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas (12 grams of fiber each and way less carbs than regular tortillas!) and this delicious cucumber dill yogurt dip.  I pulled it all out of the fridge and made a wrap with it, along with some spinach, provolone cheese (would be even better with feta) and banana peppers.

OH. SO good.  I love Greek flavors, so this was heavenly to me. There was really no need to throw a slice of turkey on it.  

This has motivated me to start having more meat-free days. Do you know of any really, really good (we’re talking restaurant-quality, flavorful) vegetarian recipe websites?  Please share!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

My new favorite salad is Strawberry Spinach Salad. I feel it is 3 servings when I make it and when I divide it up that way it is only 2 Weight Watchers points.(that is important to me right now)

2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 small red pepper
1 small yellow pepper
1 small orange pepper
(I get the peppers from Costco in the big bag)
1 serving low fat Feta Cheese or 1/4 cup
1 serving Edamame beans steamed.
1 cup strawberries cut up
1 cup blackberries

2 tablespoons Litehouse Pomegranate Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing per serving (so 6 if you are pouring it over the whole salad. Only two if you are like me and eating one serving at a time)

I love this salad and the dressing. It taste yummy with canned mandarin oranges too but those add points and I don't want any extra points so I usually leave them out.

The salad dressing has 0 fat and is only 25 calories per 2 tablespoons. It is the best dressing ever :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as me. If makes me feel like I am having lunch and dessert at the same time.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com