Monday, March 5, 2012

Not worth the trouble?

I was staring at this picture of Hazel the other day, and I felt so much gratitude that we were led to her. When I look at her, I see my daughter. I just want to go scoop her up and bring her home right now. :(

She looks a lot like Eli in this picture, I think. This was probably taken a year ago, during the winter. It's so different from the new one where she's so blonde--obviously taken in the summertime. That's just like Eli. He's brown in the winter and blonde as blonde  in the summer. She's gonna fit right in. :)



Something that made me sad today: I was checking the database of orphans in Hazel's country and clicked on her picture, which had a link to a website that lists all the orphans in her city. This website is for people who live there. It has really nice, professional pictures of each child, with a little information about him or her, in hopes that a family there will want to step forward to adopt.

What made me sad is that I looked through all the pages, and looked and looked, and never saw Hazel. Or any other child with visible special needs, for that matter.

They don't even bother trying to find families for them. I just want to cry when I think of this. It's so sad. It's like they aren't worth the trouble or something.  Without international adoption, most of the children that aren't "perfect" in the eyes of the world will never know anything besides an institution their entire lives. It's just so sad. Oh, if only their birth parents knew what they were missing out on.

Thank you to those who have contributed to Hazel's adoption fund so far!! You are so wonderful...all of you!!  Just for your info, I've removed the Chip-in Widget. I found out that the money donated to our FSP is dispersed at the first trip, so we don't need a seperate place to gather the funds like I thought. Please click on Hazel's picture at the top to donate from here on out. THANKS AGAIN!! We're so very grateful to each one of you!