I know it’s almost over…but I can’t let this day end without celebrating Down Syndrome, and ANYA! World Down Syndrome day will always be a special day for me because it’s the day that Anya really became my daughter! She left the orphanage on March 21, 2011! It’s been quite the year. One filled with challenges, frustrations and adjustments galore. But it’s all been SO worth it! She has come farther than I ever hoped! And we’ve all been changed for the better by her presence. Our older children would tell you the same thing.
God created that extra copy of chromosome 21 for a reason, people. He knew exactly what He was doing! People with DS have so much to contribute to this world. Another mom posted on a DS parents board that she thought it was ironic that scientists are trying so hard to figure out a “cure” for DS, (i.e. earlier detection during pregnancy) when so many moms who have a child with DS are trying hard to figure out how to have another one!
Hmmm….do you think there may be something to this? I wonder…
At any rate, I’m glad there’s Down Syndrome, and I’m glad the Lord chose us to be Anya and Hazel’s family!
4 comments:
I've never told anyone this--not even my husband--but I feel it would be a special privilege to be the Mom of a DS child--what more could I want but to have a child who automatically goes to the Celestial Kingdom. :)
Sometimes I wonder if Heavenly Father is prepariing us for someone extra special in our lives. We have such love for people who have DS, my daughter is always wishing that someone we know would have a baby with DS, so that we could babysit. The love she has always had for people with DS amazes me. I am so glad I have been able to learn from her.
Happy Down Syndrome Day..like I always say we a BLESSED to have our kids and we should thank God everyday for giving us this honour! Anya is looking so adorable.
Have I told you, that I think that you are amazing? We were watching home videos the other night and we came across some video of our reunion at Willow park. Your two oldest were just little! Fun memories! You have a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment