Today, I took a short walk with the little ones to our neighbor’s farm.
It’s highly sought-after land, just north of the Temple.
Bob has had some enticing offers through the years.
But he doesn’t care about the money.
He just likes tinkering around his farm. That’s what makes him happy.
Spending time there with the kiddos today reminded me
of what I used to daydream about
when I was in college and listened to country music.
(What do you expect? I was a USU Aggie!)
I dreamed about raising kids out in the country.
If Jeremy could make a living in a small town
I would love to get a house on several acres of land and have a farm.
A few horses, some chickens, a couple of goats, maybe a cow for milk.
And an ugly dog that eats the chickens when he gets a chance.
(True story. We caught this bad boy in the act today. He had a big ‘ol rooster hanging from his mouth.)
I want a place where the kids can roam free.
Hand in hand. (Isn't that cute?)
Hand in hand. (Isn't that cute?)
Where they can play all day without a care in the world
and feed bunnies.
A place where we could have old motorcycles that don’t work, just sitting around.
Maybe an old tractor to climb on.
I don’t see it happening with the work that Jeremy does.
The only way we could move to the country is if he commuted a long way.
Maybe he could just commute one or two days a week and work from home the others.
Hmmm. I should propose this idea. I wonder what he would think.
Wait...wake up, Heather.
You love your quarter-acre lot that takes maybe a minute to mow.
You LOVE that it only takes your husband 10 minutes to drive home from work.
You really love having lots of shopping options nearby.
And living in a neighborhood that includes a million 10-year-old boys
and even more 6 year old boys
and a few parks.
Life is pretty simple here in suburbia.
It sure is fun to dream, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment