Tuesday, May 8, 2012

still waiting.

In case you're wondering why we have no news...our agency learned that the chief specialist at the Dept. of Education in Hazel's city will be out-of-town until the end of May. So even though our referral is ready to be sent to us, they may not release it until the head honcho returns.

So. typical. of. this. country. What IS it with the long vacations and making us wait until they are over!? I'm convinced that they LOVE torturing adopting Americans.

Although we realize that it's unlikely that we'll receive our referral/travel date this week, I'm still holding out hope.

I learned with Anya's adoption that the timing of everything is all according the Lord, and it ends up being perfect in the end.

The thing is, I'm not very good at waiting. Actually, I'm OK with it, if I just know how long I'll be waiting. It's the limbo thing I don't like. It puts me in a weird funk. I can't concentrate on anything.

Like yesterday, I completely spaced that I was supposed to go read to Bennett and Anya's kindergarten class at 9:30 and do an activity that went with the book. Luckily, Anya's aide saved the day and read some books to them while the teacher got things done. I could tell Mrs. P.  was pretty bugged when I picked the kids up. Of course, I beat myself up all day about it and convinced myself that I'm the biggest loser of a mom ever.

Well, onward and upward! Today was a much better day.

Here's a little something to tide us over while we wait to meet Hazel. A picture of our sweetie when she was a baby.



What a priceless picture this is to me. We have no pictures of Anya before she was about 4 years old. I would give anything to see a baby picture of her!

I'm sad that we missed out on Anya and Hazel's first few years.

But I'm even more sad that their biological parents are missing out on them.  If they only knew just how much they are missing by having given them up. These children just change you. I have noticed a difference in all of our family since Anya joined us. She has taught us truths about love and acceptance that we would have never learned in any other way. They are sent here to teach us.



On a more lively note, our garage sale was a success! Despite it being really cold and windy, people still came! We made close to a thousand bucks! We're so grateful to everyone who donated items to sell. We still have a lot of good-quality stuff left, so we'll probably do another one in June, or whenever I forget how much work it was. :)

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Many blessings to you all, my friends.

No comments: