Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Family

Snow Canyon Pic Landscape

When we were in St. George on Easter weekend for my family reunion, my sister, Jen took pictures of all of our families in Snow Canyon. I love this setting because it just reminds me of home.
I grew up in St. George, Utah.  It’s HOT in the summer, but absolutely wonderful in the winter and spring.  It's surrounding red rock mountains are like a warm blanket and a home cooked meal to me. I will always think of St. George as “my home.”

Hinton Family

Have you ever seen a family this size? My parents have 7 children and 39 grandchildren! I think Hazel will make an even 40! And it’s only beginning. The first great-grandchild is on her way!

Back in the 1970’s, my dad worked at Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma. One day, Oral Roberts asked him how many children he had. When he told Oral that he had six (the 7th wasn’t born yet,) Oral replied by telling him that he was “a very wealthy man.” He tells that story a lot because he truly believes it.  He is very wealthy, indeed!

1 comment:

Milena said...

What an amazing family!