Today we had a rough hour in Sacrament Meeting. The three youngest were all in no mood to sit and quietly draw pictures. They just wanted to complain and argue over things. Finally in exasperation, I pulled the iPad out of my bag (I use it for scriptures in Sunday School.) I told Eli he could color a picture on it as long as the sound was turned off. Well, he wanted nothing to do with the sound off, and he got all mad and wanted turn it back on. So I had to put it away. Imagine my embarrassment when he yelled out out as loud as he could, "I WANT the iPAD!" Yeah.
When we were kids, we would fight over TV shows. With our kids, it’s all about the computer and the iPad. The TV hardly even gets turned on. I’ve got to figure out a way to let them EARN their time on devices. Like each chore earns you 10 minutes. Hey, now that’s an idea!
Aren’t these two so cute all snuggled up? Anya has brought out the snugli-ness in all of us. We find her snuggled up to her siblings many times each day. Even her almost-16-year-old big brother likes to “nuggle” with her. (That’s what Eli calls it, so we all say it that way now.)
See what I mean? Every family needs a child with Down Syndrome. I’m telling you…they are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment