Guess what? I got a phone call from our agency yesterday... We're on our way to meet Hazel soon! Leaving on a jet plane in 2 weeks!!
We were so {cautiously} hopeful that maybe, possibly, some way the DOE would send us our referral letter without the Chief Specialist in town. Our agency was doubtful, but the kids prayed about it in every prayer. Heavenly Father always hears kids' prayers, you know. Especially when they are for a sister or brother, right? We're so excited!
I've spent the last 24 hours working on the basics...plane tickets (almost $2,000 each...OUCH!) our hotel reservation and filling out the visa paperwork. Everything is sent off and reserved! All I have to do is secure where the kids are all going to hang out while we're gone. That's the part I don't like. Luckily our trip will only be 6 days.
We learned a little more about Hazel that we didn't know before. Sounds like her heart has probably healed on it's own. We'll have to follow up with a cardiologist when we bring her home to make sure. She has also had some other minor health concerns in the past, but nothing too serious. To be honest, I didn't really pay much attention to the health stuff because I know a lot of it doesn't end up being an issue, so there's no use worrying about it right now. It's not going to change whether or not we pursue adopting her.
We're getting really excited! I can't believe we'll be on our way to our daughter in two weeks. I can't help but smile when I think about it. We're so grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment