Monday, April 30, 2012

Score!

We have been really crowded around our kitchen table for the past year. Our table seats 8, but it’s squishy. Now that we have Hazel joining us soon, we REALLY needed something bigger.

I’ve been watching KSL.com (our local online classifieds) for the past year on and off, waiting for just the right table to come up.

Here were my requirements:

rectangular in shape
about 80 inches long, with a leaf so it can expand when we have company
a simple style...not too fancy or too rustic
still in style
in good condition with no need to refinish
and
really cheap. we're talking a hundred bucks cheap.

I’ve seriously been praying about this table thing. I was afraid we'd have to bite the bullet and pay at least $500 to get what I wanted.

new table

Somebody is watching out for our little family.  I decided to look online Saturday, and look what I found!! It’s perfect!  It’s 80” long without the leaf, and the legs are set under the table, so you can fit two people on the ends if you need to! We could fit 14 people around this table easily with the leaf!  And you won’t believe what we paid for it.

75 bucks!!!

It didn't come with chairs, but who cares? I like the mis-matched look. What a blessing!! Now, I need to find a bench that's long enough. I love having a bench on at least one side because it's so much easier to sweep under and keep scooted in. We may just have to get two of them.

I LOVE finding steals on furniture. It brings me joy.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Love it. Always great when you find a good deal on something you really need.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

Julie Weiss said...

Have you considered scooting the bench down to the end and setting a chair or two beside it? I think it would look really cute. :)

Heather said...

Julie, Jeremy suggested that and I though it would look funny. But maybe we'll do that. Thanks! Just needed to hear it from another woman. LOL

Milena said...

I only today discovered that I could read this blog again - I thought you had made it private! I got so happy :-)

Is the bench short enough to put at the end? It may look really cute since it's a bit too short where it is now. I fully agree with you on benches. We have one in our kitchen (or really, it's a wooden sofa - that you can open, pull out and have two short people sleep in - they were good at multi-function furniture like 100 years ago) and it's so practical. Hope you'll find one, or maybe you could make one yourself. I know I have seen instruction that weren't over-complicated. It could be a fun project!

Anyhow, congratulations on the table! It looks really nice - and finding bargains is sooo nice!

Sarah said...

Your neighbor Christine is my sister and I actually saw your info on Anya before I knew that. I've been doing a lot of reading on Eastern European adoptions for over a year. We are waiting to adopt, but Heavenly Father has told me that my two little girls are Belarussian, and that country is closed right now. It makes me feel a little crazy knowing they are over there waiting and not being able to do much about it. We are in the process of seeing if it can be done from the inside out, but that is a bit scary.

I have been feeling like the time is coming closer, and the Lord did help me to find just the right bunked two weeks ago (against all odds -- I shouldn't have been the one that landed that one at that price on Craig's list AT ALL), so I am hopeful that things will start rolling before long.

So excited for you to meet Hazel soon. Hurray! And congrats on the table!!!