Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Miracles Happening All Around

I just found out the best news! Remember The Davis', who were denied the adoption of a little one in the country Anya came from, simply because he has DS and the judge felt that he was better off in an institution?  Well, they took the case all the way to the Supreme Court in that country yesterday. And guess what?

The decision was overruled! They get to go pick up Kirill in a few days.  WHAT A MIRACLE!!!  All those thousands of prayers from around the world were heard. I can't help but wonder how many doors will be opened in this country for all these sweet orphans because of what happened with this case.

In another part of Eastern Europe, another miracle is unfolding for a perfect little girl who was given up by her birth parents because of her designer genes. She met her forever Mom and Daddy this past week and is blossoming right before their eyes. I am just so happy for them. I can't wait for Anya to hang out with and Mia and her sister, Bree. The Cox's live within an hour of us, so I'm sure we'll be meeting for play dates in the years to come.

God knows each one of us, no matter where we live and what circumstances we were born under. And how He blesses us when we step outside of what is comfortable and easy to help one another!  It's just amazing to me.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Such an exciting day. Brady is now officially an orphan no more too. I love days like today.

kecia said...

isn't it amazing to witness these miracles?! You said it best when you said before that if you don 't believe miracles still happen, just try falling in love with an orphan!

Yes, we will be having many playdates with you when we are home!!!thanks for sharing our good news!

Ellie said...

I am so excited about this super good news!
www.moveanymountian.blogspot.com