Saturday, April 2, 2011

So Far, So Good!

Well, we've had two and a half days here with our new little one. I'm tired and a little weepy. But things are going much better than I ever imagined.  She has been amazing through all this change.  I really can't believe it.  I have to admit, it's a little overwhelming having three kids under five.  Life isn't as convenient as it was before. But I think we're off to a great start and it's just going to take some time to adjust to our new normal.  Eli (almost 2) and Bennett (5) were the two that I was most worried about this affecting. But they are taking it great and being so sweet with their new sister.  Bennett has been more emotional than usual, but that's so expected.  It's just going to take some time.

Anya and Eli are sharing a room right now, until we're ready to move Eli out of his crib and into Bennett's room.  It's funny. All three nights, Anya has fallen asleep the minute her head hits the pillow.  But Eli has never had someone sleep in his room with him, so it has taken him a while to get to sleep. He keeps saying, ANNA, ANNA, trying to wake her up.  Luckily, she sleeps right through it. :)

Anya really just prefers to play by herself than interact with other little kids. I think that's typical of kids who have been in orphanages. But I'm really gratefully that she's been sweet with Eli. I was worried she would be aggressive. So far, she just lets him join in when she's playing.

The older kids are just eating her up. When they come home from school, I don't even see Anya for a couple of hours. They have been taking her outside so they can show her off to their friends. Sadie LOVES having a little sis.  She does her hair multiple times a day and loves to just sit and play with her. Too bad the honeymoon period doesn't last forever. Hee hee.

This spring weather is a welcome treat after leaving freezing-cold Russia.  We went out in the back yard yesterday for a good hour and soaked in some sunshine. It was just what we all needed!



Both Anya and Eli LOVE baths. They had a great time together splashing and sharing toys.



I think Anya likes Lasagna as much as Eli does. What do you think?



She loves to color!


Work it, baby.



The three littles watching TV.  Don't they look like siblings?  Oh, they are!


OK, that's it for now. Just wanted to let you know we're doing great!  Thank you all for your sweet comments.  It's been so fun reading them. They warm our hearts so much and just make us feel so grateful for our blessings.  Sometimes I get caught up in the day-to-day frustrations and forget about the miracles that the Lord has provided for us. Blogging helps bring gratitude back to my heart. I love it and I'm so thankful for all of you!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I would never guess you had adopted her because she fits in so well with your family. I am loving your blog. What a special family you are!

Lisa said...

I have to agree. If I didn't know it I would totally think she's your biological child. Or if not that you at least adopted her as a baby because she looks like she's been and knowing her place in your family forever. She looks like such a happy and fun-loving girl. So sweet. You're a lucky family- and finally complete.