Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrating Easter

Our Easter celebrations were kicked off last Monday night when we joined our friends, the Knight's who have Lacey (DS, a year older than Anya) and Max's school buddy, Luke. We first had a lesson about The Resurrection, then colored some eggs. It was so fun experiencing this "first" with Anya and getting to know the Knight's better.  I wish I had taken a group shot of all of us! I only got their kids in a couple of shots.  Lacey is on the end, next to Anya who's peeking over the counter.





Saturday morning, Sadie, Bennett, Anya and I went to our local DS Foundation chapter's Easter Egg Hunt.  Anya loved hunting for eggs.  And she was all over the sugar cookies!



On Sunday morning, I made our traditional Easter Brunch.

On the menu:

Hashbrown & Ham Breakfast Casserole
Sweet Red Strawberries 
Rhodes Cinnamon rolls
Cranberry-Gogi juice. 

Delish.


This table is now maxed out. No more room!


Time to find the baskets! How do you like Max's buzz?  I thought for sure we'd get all the black hair, but half of his hair is still black and half is blond.  We may have to buzz it again!



Gotta try out the new coloring books the Easter Bunny brought!


Our Easter Sunday meeting at church was just beautiful. In the LDS church, we don't have a paid clergy.  So every Sunday,  2 or 3 different members of the congregation give talks. It's so great! A couple who is leaving soon for a mission to the Philippines spoke about Christ.  Both of their talks were heartfelt and brought the spirit of Christ into the meeting so strongly. Our choir sang He is Risen (I'm the choir director, but took a break this past month, so I got to actually sing in the choir this time and loved it.) 
Also, Sadie gave her first talk in church! She also spoke about Christ and the resurrection for a couple of minutes.  She was so nervous, but she did great!  Way to go, Sadie!

 Anya was amazing. She sat and colored the whole time during Sacrament Meeting, (wish Eli would do the same...)  then went to nursery and played so nicely the whole time! The teachers said she followed directions and loved the songs and activities. They could tell she is really used to that sort of thing.  Yeah, Anya!

Happy Easter, everyone.  This was such an incredible day for us.
We all felt the love of our Risen Lord all day and we remembered once again how much we love Him.  
We can never thank Him enough for what He has done for each one of us.

I leave you with a picture of our two Easter beauties. 




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Easter. Glad you guys had such a wonderful day! I love the picture of both your girls at the end.

Becca B said...

Wow. I love Sadie's hair. And how fun that they find their baskets.

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Beautiful children! Glad you had a wonderful Easter. :)

kecia said...

that pictire of the sisters is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

i like your buzz, max. sadie, quite growing up!!! you both look soo cute. i know, the boys were handsome! have a good week. love ya all.

Gretchen said...

oh my gosh! The picture of the girls together, what a treasure!

Wife; Mom to the Six said...

Beautiful girls! Love the pics! Happy Easter, friend! :)

Katrina said...

Love how happy Sadie looks to have a sister. What a wonderful blessing. I am so glad that Anya is enjoying church and sat so reverently. I was one of those lucky ones who got to speak in church for Easter and Nevaeh was not very cooperative :) I posted my talk on my blog and you can probably figure out what the great oak tree was.

The Mom said...

Gorgeous pictures Heather :) What a fun Easter week!

The Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.