Good 'ol Cub Scouts. I have to share a few pictures from Max's summertime Pack Meetings.
My friend, Amy, who is one of the scout moms and an awesome photographer, takes pictures at the pack meetings and posts them to the pack blog for us to use. I’m thankful for that! These first few are taken by her and the ones at the bottom are obviously mine. I'll have to add some of her good ones when she posts them.
Our Cubmaster right now is Brian Rawlings. He is a master at this job. I honestly believe he has as much fun at this as the boys do!
This is from July Pack Meeting, when Max earned his (insert award here. I need to ask him what it was. Shows you what a crappy scout mom I am.) I'm sure it was an important one because I was asked to come up to the front.
After the awards ceremony, we all went outside to watch Russ Dailey do his famous “Veg-A-Matic” infomercial. This is the ultimate entertainment for boys. He starts with little things like strawberries using a mallet, then by the end, he has upgraded to this massive contraption where he smashes things like watermelons. The kids in front get to cover up with garbage bags because the fruits and vegetables literally FLY! Really, they should have eye protection on, too!

Ha ha, I love this shot.
August's Pack Meeting was the big Raingutter Regatta. They moved it indoors because the weather was threatening.
I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with this event, as well as the Pinewood Derby. It’s fun and exciting for the boys, but it never fails that some boys end up leaving very upset because their boat or car was much slower than the others. I don't like that. But I suppose it teaches them good life lessons.
Lucky for Max, he got the memo that the catamaran style was encouraged in this Regatta. So it was all good in this house. Those who didn't weren't so lucky. But good memories were made by all.
Max and his best friend, Jackson ended up racing against each other for first place in the Webelos’ division. Jackson won. But what made Jeremy and I beam with pride was when Max initiated a big “high five” with his buddy anyway. He won the sportsmanship award for that one.
Good times. I just love this age.
My friend, Amy, who is one of the scout moms and an awesome photographer, takes pictures at the pack meetings and posts them to the pack blog for us to use. I’m thankful for that! These first few are taken by her and the ones at the bottom are obviously mine. I'll have to add some of her good ones when she posts them.
Our Cubmaster right now is Brian Rawlings. He is a master at this job. I honestly believe he has as much fun at this as the boys do!
This is from July Pack Meeting, when Max earned his (insert award here. I need to ask him what it was. Shows you what a crappy scout mom I am.) I'm sure it was an important one because I was asked to come up to the front.
After the awards ceremony, we all went outside to watch Russ Dailey do his famous “Veg-A-Matic” infomercial. This is the ultimate entertainment for boys. He starts with little things like strawberries using a mallet, then by the end, he has upgraded to this massive contraption where he smashes things like watermelons. The kids in front get to cover up with garbage bags because the fruits and vegetables literally FLY! Really, they should have eye protection on, too!
Ha ha, I love this shot.
August's Pack Meeting was the big Raingutter Regatta. They moved it indoors because the weather was threatening.
I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with this event, as well as the Pinewood Derby. It’s fun and exciting for the boys, but it never fails that some boys end up leaving very upset because their boat or car was much slower than the others. I don't like that. But I suppose it teaches them good life lessons.
Lucky for Max, he got the memo that the catamaran style was encouraged in this Regatta. So it was all good in this house. Those who didn't weren't so lucky. But good memories were made by all.
Max and his best friend, Jackson ended up racing against each other for first place in the Webelos’ division. Jackson won. But what made Jeremy and I beam with pride was when Max initiated a big “high five” with his buddy anyway. He won the sportsmanship award for that one.
Good times. I just love this age.
1 comment:
LOVE it Max. we are getting ready for our pine wood derby. you looked so handsome.
what a fun nite for you, good.
Post a Comment