Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Fire Pit

We can now enjoy our little concrete patio that comes off the deck in the back yard. We've been wanting a fire pit for some time now, and finally decided to invest in one. There's nothing like sitting around a back yard camp fire, roasting marshmallows and telling stories. We had a nice weather day Monday, so we had our neighbors, the Thompsons over for some weenie and marshmallow roastin'. The kids took turns telling scary stories after dinner. Even Bennett made one up for us. It was really cute.
The only bummer about this is that we learned that the smoke irritates Sadie's lungs. She has developed Asthma this past year. What a pain! The next day she had to stay home from school because her lungs hurt so bad. I finally gave in and had the doctor prescribe an anti-inflammitory inhaler to use on a daily basis because every time she exercises or the air quaility is bad, her lungs hurt. It's preventing her from doing the things she enjoys.

Is it me, or is Asthma way more prevelant these days than it used to be? It seems like most families I know have children with Asthma issues. Well, at least we're not alone!

3 comments:

AmyJ said...

Love the fire pit! I want 1 too! Poor Sadie's lungs...that's gotta be hard for her. Hopefully the inhaler will help.

Lisa said...

A fire pit! That´s fun! I love sitting around a fire, especially when it´s getting dark...

Lisa said...

Oh, and poor Sadie!
I feel sorry for her and hope it´ll get better. Rio does have some problems with his lungs as well (a hard time breezing sometimes) but they don´t know what it is yet.
Dood luck for you guys!