Friday, April 17, 2009

Maternity Pics


My friend, Ellen is getting into photography and asked if I would be willing to let her take some maternity pictures for her portfolio. I was a little hesitant because I'm usually dodging the camera when I'm pregnant, especially the last few weeks.

But then I remembered. This is probably our last baby. And there's something so sacred and beautiful about having a new life grow inside of you.

As ready as I am to be done with the pregnancy, I'll kinda miss waking up at night and feeling his little feet pushing against me, like he's saying, "Hey, are you awake? Just wanted to make sure, because I am." I always feel a little flutter of excitement that he's still alive in there and that he'll be coming to meet us soon.

It's all such a miracle. We have been as excited about this baby coming as we were with our first.

And second, third and fourth, now that I think about it.

Hopefully, these photos will help us remember the magic of pregnancy, and what a privilege it was that God allowed me to bear children so easily. I know it doesn't come easily for so many people, so I really am grateful.



Thanks for the opportunity, Ellen!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

It really is beautiful. Love the pics!

Lisa said...

Those pics really turned out beautiful. Glad you did it for an everlasting memory...
Every day now, hm?

Anonymous said...

wow that was wonderful. you look so great.proud to have you as a daughter-in-law. was any way. hope it will soon be here, so we can hold him. i better get the quilt done,.....started! well i do have the fabric. the rest of the pic were great also, you all take such cute pic. have a good week. love ya. cf-

Cari said...

Those are great pictures. I can't believe you look so good at the END of your pregnancy!

Lytles said...

You look great! Love the pics! Good luck Heather!

Heather said...

You'll treasure those photos, wish I had more of me those last few days! (must have dodged the camera as well...) You are beautiful inside and out!

Lisa said...

No baby there yet? :-)