
We love Easter. It means that spring is here. It symbolizes new life. It reminds us of our Savior, His Atonement and Resurrection, which brings us hope, peace and an eternal perspective.
And of course, it means candy & egg hunts, Easter baskets and family gatherings.
Candy Hunt #1
Saturday started off with the HOA Candy hunt in the park behind our house. As if on cue, the rain started just as it was time to start, and ended just when it was over. Wouldn't you know it?

Candy Hunt #2Next, it's time to load the fam into the van and head for Mantua, where Dad's relatives get together for their annual Easter Celebration. Luckily, the weather warmed up for a few hours, so they could hold it outside, at Grandpa Halling's (currently vacant)house, instead of inside the church.
At the last minute, and with pursuasion from my sweet husband, I decided to stay home to catch up on sleep. I'm just not feeling so good at the moment (I seem to sleep better during the day than at night lately. Mother Nature's way of getting us poor moms ready for a newborn, I hear.)
First, a Wienie Roast. Then the candy hoard, I mean hunt.
Sadie's still lovin this stuff. Landon is sadly growing out of the enthusiasm of it all.


Jeremy took some great photos. We love our new camera lens.



The Basket Hunt
Max's was hiding in the linen closet. He was most excited to find Kung Fu Panda and a huge chocolate bunny.
Sadie found hers on top of the bookshelf in the newly-painted and assembled nursery.
Landon's was hiding behind Dad's clothes in his closet.
Bennett's was in his closet, under some things. "Look, the BEE Movie!"
His chocolate bunny was eaten within the hour.
Easter Sunday
We've never had any traditions for Easter Dinner. I grew up having Leg of Lamb. But there's something about eating a poor little lamb that doesn't sit well with me. So I thought we'd try a "brunch" theme. It was a hit!
Ham, Gruyere & Spinach Bread Pudding
Steamed Artichokes
Fruit Salad
Rhode's Orange Rolls
The great thing about this meal is that it was different. Everyone (except Bennett) raved about the bread pudding/breakfast casserole. "Let's have this EVERY Easter, Mom!"
We only have artichokes about once per year, so they are kind of a treat. Incidentally, Jeremy had never even tried artichokes until he married me. What kind of sheltered lives do people live in Cornish, anyway? :)
After dinner, we enjoyed some time out in the pretty weather. The trees are just starting to blossom. I love this time of year!! It makes me so happy.
I'll be happier when our little spring chicken hatches, though.



2 comments:
What great traditions! I'm ...I mean the EASTER BUNNY will have to hide ours next year! Oh, and darling nursery! Love the wall color.
HAPPY EASTER!!!
Post a Comment