Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seven Years Old!


Max turned 7 on Friday. I can't believe it's already been 7 years since he came into our lives. I remember his birth very well. It was the one that I decided ahead of time to do with no epidural. I had taken "Hypnobirthing" classes (if you're going to go drug-free, I highly recommend it...) and was so excited to experience birth completely. And completely experienced it was! It was the most difficult thing I've ever accomplished in my life. It was also the closest that I have ever felt to the Savior, having experienced such pain and agony, then such exquisite relief and joy when it was all over. I understood the Atonement more fully that day. Will I do it again? Uhhh...lets just say, I'm glad I did it, but would rather go the easier route now that I've done it once. :)

Max's personality matches his birth. Nothing is boring and every-day with Max. He's the spice of our family. He lives life fully...to the MAX! He's intense much of the time and quiet and sweet at other times. Since he's our middle child, I'm glad that his personality is this way. It will help us to always stay focused on his needs.


Breakfast in Bed

The Menu:

Caramel Up-SideDown French Toast
Grapefruit Segments
Sliced Ham
Orange Juice





The Main Present
Max has now outgrown his 16" bike and was ready for something bigger and a little more serious. So we went to the bike store on Thursday and he picked out this baby. Complete with 7 speeds and hand brakes. We're hoping that the extra money we spent on it will help it will survive the rigorous riding of two more boys. And that it doesn't get stolen in the meantime...


Celebration #1
I brought cookies to his class and read the book that I wrote for him when he was 3 called "Max's Book of ABC." They loved it. He liked the attention. And the sprinkles on the Lofthouse Easter cookies.

Celebration #2


After the play on Friday night, we came home and had ice cream sundaes with all the fixins.


The whipped cream was the hit of the night.

Celebration #3

We haven't been to Chuck E Cheese's in probably 5 years. Max wanted to go there more than anything in the world. So we told him he could invite 3 friends (it's not supposed to be a friend party year.) Before we left, he opened their presents. Some Bakugan guys (his latest item of collection) and a Star Wars Lego set. Thanks, friends!

Then we were off to the dreaded, I mean beloved Chuck-E-Cheese's. Let's face it. Parents try to avoid this place at all cost. It has ho-hum, overpriced pizza and dozens of kids running from one game to next in a frenzy to see how fast they can spend their tokens and get those beloved tickets. Then at the end, they get a couple of pieces of candy with all those tickets and go home happy. Gotta love it. Hey, as long as the birthday kid is happy, we're happy.

We threw the cupcakes in the oven right before leaving and Sadie frosted them when we arrived and they were cooled down. Good thing 7-year-olds are easy to please.

Bennett got up the courage to give 'ol Chucky some knuckles.



One year older and wiser, too! Happy Birthday to YOU!

I have to record this little story about Max.

He woke up the morning before his birthday with a croupy- sounding cough (thanks to little brother) that was bad enough to keep him home from school. He had been counting down the days till his birthday for the past month, and now THIS! He was so worried that he was going to be sick for his birthday. He knew there was only one way to solve the problem. In his sweet child-like way, he called his dad at work later that day and asked him if he could give him a priesthood blessing.

"I know that will make me better," he said.

He had perfect faith that this blessing of healing would be the answer. Jeremy was honored. That night after dinner, he invited our home teacher to help administer the blessing. Jeremy blessed him that through his faith, his cough would get better and he would be able to celebrate his birthday as we had planned.

Just as expected, he slept all night without coughing and went to school the next day feeling great. The cough wasn't completely gone, but he felt much better. Usually croup lasts a few days and takes him right out. The Priesthood is real! I know that through Priesthood blessings, we can be healed. God is mindful of our needs and wants to bless His children, even when the things we ask for seem small and insignificant. I love the faith of a child.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy birthday, Max! 7 Years!

By the way, there´s a card for you on the way- it´s going to be late but oh well...