Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Baby for Now


My little Bennett. In all your 3-year-oldness, you are the life of our family. You entertain us with your questions and repeated phrases about anything and everything. Even when you are throwing a fit and we're all stressed out, sometimes all we have to do is take a look at you and the way you make your face look cross, and it makes everything a little better.

I'm feeling a little sentimental these days. Soon it will no longer be just you and me from 8:00 till 2:30--just the two of us.

Our one-on-one chats in the car will often be accompanied by little cries coming from the other middle seat. Don't worry, I'll still make sure to give you plenty of kisses and snuggles when you get owies. Even if you have to share the snuggle with little brother.


I'll still say, "Wow, that's SOO cool!" when you show me your creations.










I do hope that you'll still fall asleep sometimes when you're watching Elmo, so I can do the same.

And I hope you'll still be right there, more than willing to help me with the things that I need to get done.


Even though you'll still leave everything you touch on the floor.


I can't wait 'til I can bend over again, so I can help push you up the hills on your trike. Pretty soon, I won't have to scoot you with my foot!
You're going to be the best big brother.

But I still wish I could bottle you up and keep you this size forever. I'm glad you have a late birthday so I can keep you around two more school years, and enjoy every moment of you.

Even though there will always be someone smaller than you, you'll always be our Bennett. Maybe not our baby, but our heart-melting, snuggly, lovey boy just the same.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

AmyJ said...

Awww. What a sweet Mama :)

Lisa said...

That is so sweet.
Wow, you´re getting close now. And I can´t believe that Bennett will be the BIG brother, not LITTLE Bennett anymore... :-)