Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Top Seven

Thank you all for your wonderful name suggestions! It was fun to consider some that we hadn't considered, and smile at a few others. Many of the names suggested were names that we like, but we have someone in the family with that name, or down the street or something like that. But some were already on our list, and seeing someone else suggest it kind of helped it sink in a little more.

I looked on the Social Security Baby Name Index for the state of Utah for the past few years and if any of our favorites were in the top 100, they got crossed off. So Cole, Nicholas or Aiden didn't make it. I'm a bit weird about that. Of course, you can't predict if a name is going to suddenly become more popular, like Landon and Max have in the past couple years. But hey, at least he'll be less likely to have friends or teammates with the same name!

(Drumroll....) Here are the top seven. Vote for your favorite, if you want! I'll tell you why we're considering each of these.

Cade This is probably my favorite. It's short and simple, but not too weird.
Jay I think this is Jeremy's favorite. It's been on our list with all the boys. Short for Jeremy.
McKay I love this one but the kids don't.
Kimball Same as above.
Johah My favorite Bible name at the moment.
Hudson Love it, but worry about it being shortened to Hud.
Joel We almost named Max this one. I think it's cool.

5 comments:

AmyJ said...

woohoo!! 3 of my suggestions are on there!! :) Tough decision, good luck!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like Jay and Joel. You might just have to wait and see what he looks like. But at least you have a top seven! I love your blog header by the way, I am so proud of you!

Lisa said...

I like Johah, Joel, Jay and Cade the most. (4 out of 7, not too bad:-D)

Lytles said...

I really like Joel and Jay! Good luck Heather!

6footmama said...

I like Joel--but I think it is a bit too much lllllls when you say it with Fillmore. My vote is Jay (except I still like Thomas, after Dad's suggestion).