

To celebrate the Great Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday, our school had a big Presidential Pageant. After all, he is the namesake for the place. They all were required to write essays on some of Abe's quotes. Everyone in Sadie's 4th grade class "got" to make a cake to honor him. You know these types of things always turn out to be the moms' projects. But I'm glad I could contribute. Our masterpiece was in the recipe itself, not the decoration. We found a recipe for Abe Lincoln's favorite cake that his wife made for him. It's a vanilla almond cake. We didn't have time to make it real cute, but at least it tasted good! As you can see, most of the other moms put a little more into the actual decorating.

The first-graders did a puppet readers' theatre all about Abe Lincoln. Max did so great. I was proud. He used to be petrified of this kind of stuff and refused to do it. But he's getting more and more brave these days. He had to read some pretty hard words, too!

The Jr. High music department put on a program. Landon was a little less than thrilled about performing with the choir. I don't think he cracked a smile the whole song. But they did great!
1 comment:
Nice to have a great weekend with your hubby! I also love how your school celebrated Abraham Lincoln's Birthday!
Post a Comment