Monday, February 2, 2009

Junior Needs a Name. Giveaway, Anyone?


Ahhh.... isn't he cute? We couldn't get a good face shot when we did our last ultrasound, but we got a good one today. They had to take another peek at him today because he has a little fluid in one of his kidneys. It doesn't sound like reason for alarm. Hopefully it will be gone before he's born.

We're having a heck of a time coming up with a name for this little dude. We still have 2 1/2 months to decide, but the kids are very anxious to have something to call him besides "the baby."

I just had an idea! Let's have a baby-naming give-away! If you suggest a name that ends up being THE ONE, I'll give you $50 in free Mary Kay product! Yes, I'm still a consultant. And I'll even ship it to you for free if you're out of the area. Oooooh, you know you want it. Wanna give it a shot? You never know...

To help narrow down your choices:

1)So far, our boys are Landon, Maxwell (Max) and Bennett. These are all last names, incidentally. Sticking with last names is an good idea, but not essential.

2)We like names that are not too trendy, too "Utahish" or too common.

3)At the same time, it can't be too uncommon, hard to remember or hard to figure out how to pronounce when read.

4) We like names that are cute when they are babies, but also distinguised when they are adults.

5) This is a bit silly, but it's preferrable that the name NOT start with a L, M, S or B. I like to use first initials when I write things on the calendar. Hey, when you have this many kids, you do whatever you can to save time, right?

A couple of names that we like, but start with one of these letters are "McKay" and "Lincoln" (which unfortunately sounds too much like "Landon" which would cause me to mix up the boys' names even more than I already do.) A "J" name would be OK even though Dad's name starts with J because I could write JJ (like J junior.) Some names we have considered that start with J: "Jake," "Jamison," or even "Jay." I really like "Jace" but it's gaining a little too much popularity at the moment.

I know, beggars can't be choosers! But hopefully someone will have a great idea that will ring a bell. Thanks for your help. We really appreciate it. Good luck!

14 comments:

AmyJ said...

Hi, Heather!! I've got a few ideas.....

Jackson
Griffin
Colson (my friend named her boy that)
Hunter
Wyatt
Jarrett

PS I LOVE Lincoln!! I have a cousin named McKay, and his friends all called him Mac-kinda cute :) It's tough! We had a really hard time coming up with a name for Cooper...Good Luck!!

Valerie Chandler said...

Heather-- I had to laugh at this entry... we are two peas in a pod. Do you remember our conversation when your Bennett was born? I was dying because that is just what I wanted to name our baby boy. I even asked you if two on the street was overkill-- (uhh, yes!) Who would have known that we'd be moving with our four week old, not named Bennett. Oh well.

Anyway, we tossed around Lincoln, Wyatt, Garrison, Garrett before finding Jamison, McKay, Jaron, Holden and Trenton.

We are totally with you-- we always looked for names that people knew how to spell, but they didn't know anyone named that.

This just so exciting to be getting another baby in your family!

Sure love you--

Heather said...

Ok, here are my favs:
Carter
Caden
Ethan
Mason

Good luck! Sure could use some Mary Kay...

Lisa said...

I have quite a few.
No L,S,M,B, right? Too bad, I like Milo,Mio,Luca,Liam,Sam,Bo... but good method to narrow it down! :-)

Tim or Tom
Finn/Fynn
Ian
Eli
Alan
Alac
Nino
Pepe
Giulien/Julien
Ole
Enno
Pit

There are more names but I´ll better stop. I tried to choose names that are not only German but English or national. Hope that´ll help a bit. And if not... I don´t mind either!
I love looking for names! We were thinking of naming Rio Milo or Moritz- but that´s both M-names...

By the way, don´t worry: you don´t have to pay the shipping for me, so feel free to pick one! :-)

AmyJ said...

Hey! Thought of a few more...

Owen
Truitt
Kimble/Kimball
Collier
Cullen
Sawyer
Sutton
Evan
Aaden/Aiden

Don't worry about the giveaway for me...I think this is kinda fun!! :)

Lytles said...

I like the name Colin and Ethan. Of course I'm bias and like the name Luke but that wouldn't work with Landon. Good Luck!

Cari said...

I guess Millard's out huh? Just kidding.

I like William. It could be a last name if you add an 's'. :)

AmyJ said...

You're gonna think I'm a freak, but I thought of one more...

Hudson

Okay, I'll leave ya alone, promise ;)

Heather said...

How could I forget...I have a Parker, Connor and Taylor. Love the last names too.

Stacy said...

Ok I have one...here is the story. My sister and I were talking yesterday about friends from back home (oregon). Two of our friends from our home ward got married and moved to Thailand..he is in the secret fbi or something...Ok long story short they just had a baby and named him...(drum roll please) I thought the name was so cute... I thought to myself I gotta get that name idea on Heather's blog. The name was Emmett...and then I remembered Bennet. Bennet and Emmett...I don't think so! That won't win me any good loot! he! he! I'll keep brainstorming....ok.

JulzBlox said...

We have SO many boys in our extended family.

My sister just had her 8th boy! They have no girls. When her son was born this week, they couldn't come up with a name because they were all out of names they liked! They had used all of the ones in the previous 7! They finally decided on Chase. So, I will rattle off her 8 boy names for you and see if any of them sound appealing:

Cody
Mason
Dallin
Brock
Alec
Keagan
Elliott
Chase

Then, in Daren's family he has a brother that has 4 boys (1 boy and a set of triplet boys) Their names are:

Coby
Kelton
Kyler
Caden

Just for fun...his sister is having her 2nd set of twins. Her oldest is 4 (Boy) and her twin boys are 2. She is pregnant with the 2nd set of twin boys. So she will have 5 boys under age 4! Their names are:

Corbin
McKay
Cade
(Hasn't come up with the new twin names yet)

Good luck!

6footmama said...

OK--you know I am the baby namer in the family, so try not to be too biased and love my names the best....:)

Shaefer
Cole
Anders (anderson)
Mason
Johnson

mamabear said...

I just saw a new one I thought was unique,
Cohen
I also like
Jaron
Quinton

Julie H. said...

Remember I suggested Hudson at our family reunion? I'm still sticking with that name. My friend calls her son "Huds" when they feel the need to shorten it. I can just see it...Hudson Maurice Fillmore. Woo, that's quite the name!