I've been feeling like a "Jaredite" this week. Sadie has been home with a sore throat for the past 3 days and it's too cold to go outside. I hate being cooped up! I would not survive as a homeschooler. 12 And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them.
Can you imagine being trapped in a little ship with no windows--only a hole to get light and air from occasionally? Not only that but have to endure being tossed about in the sea, stuck with the same 'ol people and stinky animals and not knowing when it was all going to end? For 344 days!? Talk about Seasonal Affective Dissorder. No wonder they shed tears of joy!
OK, I'm not going to complain any more. So what if winter and pregnancy make me feel "tight like unto a dish?" Life is GOOD, man!!
On a side note, when I was looking for a good picture to use on this post, I ran across this interesting tidbit about the Jaredite barges. Have you ever wondered why the Lord directed them to put a hole in the bottoms of the barges, as well as the tops? Well, here's an answer. Read the last 5 paragraphs on the page.
1 comment:
Thanks Heather for that thought! Its always good to be reminded of how really blessed we are!
Post a Comment