He's learning to wear these.
Yeah for Bennett!
...and about 5 1/2 months of no diapers in our house!
Yep that's all.
That's because we have one more cookin'! Our little caboose will join us in late April. The kids are psyched! And Mom and Dad are too, now that Mom is feeling like herself again. It's not going to be easy having 5 kids, we know this for sure. But when there's one waiting to join us, we're not going to turn him (or her? maybe...possibly?) away. That would be rude!
Seriously, children are so great. I love how each one comes into the world as its own unique little package, all pre-designed. And you get to take on the challenge of learning how to raise this child to be a responsible, compassionate, God-loving person. One trial, one mistake, one prayer at a time.
It takes so much dedication to be a parent. SO much physical and mental effort, not to mention money, time, frustrations, patience and energy.
But you wonder how blah life would be without each one of them.
And you think about how much each one teaches you. How much less selfish you are, and how much more patient you are now than you were when your oldest was 2.
And how much your kids teach each other about unselfishness.
I remember one thing that Virginia Pearce said at the seminar that I went to in September, as I was sitting there feeling really "barfy" and wondering if I was sure I wanted to be a mother of 5. She talked about how much our spirits long to progress, and that it would be wrong to say that we never want more challenge in our lives. That's the reason we chose to come to earth. We were excited to have experiences that would help us continually progress. I felt a new confidence after hearing this reminder. Of course, there are plenty of other ways to gain experience on the earth besides having more babies. But I think this is a challenge that my spirit needs right now. To be the mother of another child.
I'm thankful and honored.
9 comments:
Congratulations! That's so exciting!
Wow, It sounds like you are ready to "bring it on" with the challenge of another child. You are such a good mom Heather. No doubt this child will bring even more blessings to your family.
I am so excited to hear Bennette is getting potty trained. Way to go! A little savings on diapers is always good, even if for 5 months. Boston is loving being a big boy now too in his big kid undies.
Congrats! I am so excited for you. And 5 is hard but Val loves it and it keeps her going 24/7!
Congrats Heather! You look so good! It was fun to chat for a minute last night with you.
Congrats! I´m so excited and can´t wait until April!
It´s hard to believe that Bennett is not little Bennett anymore- he´s going to be a big brother AND he´s potty trained! Way to go, Bennett!
Awesome! Congratulations - that is such exciting news. I bet the kids can't wait!
Oh wow! Congratulations! Very exciting!
Heather I am soooo excited for you! I love the great way you look at things so spiritually, you are an inspiration to me. You make me think maybe there is a chance(in a long time) I could possibly handle another one.
Congrats.. and yes huge amounts of money!
Post a Comment