It's spring break! You know what that means...time for a road trip! St. George is the only warm place within a reasonable driving distance. So that's where we went!
Love my family.
This was our first trip as a family of nine. We have opted to keep our 8 passenger van and drive two cars when we go places all together. This was our first go at it. You know what? It worked quite well. No kid had to sit right next to another kid, so there was no fighting. Woo hoo! The only part I didn't like is that I actually had to drive for once.
The night we got there, my parents hosted a big ham dinner in their condo clubhouse. All of my Utah siblings were there with their kids. Many of them met Hazel for their first time. We didn't have our camera for that gathering, but it was fun. Of course the kids went swimming after dinner. No G&G Hinton party is complete without swimming!
We got to stay in a condo right next-door to my parents. They got up the nerve and asked the owner. It worked out perfectly. We loved being right there next to the grandparents. We don't get to see them much, so any time our kids can spend with them when we're there is valuable.
On Saturday afternoon, we got together at Heidi and Scott's for egg dying with the cousins.
Then the kids piled into a truck and whatever cars and we all headed to a park that was a few blocks away, for the egg hunt. I only got two pictures of this, and my phone died. Left the camera at the condo. Bummer.
That night, the kids all stayed at Heidi and Scotts and the adults went out to eat at a Thai restaurant in Ancestor Square. It was so fun to sit and talk, uninterrupted.
These are my 3 sisters and their husbands, my brother Kerry (at the end) who's birthday we were celebrating, and Mom and Dad.
The only siblings we were missing were my two brothers who live out of state.
The only siblings we were missing were my two brothers who live out of state.
Love my family.
The next morning, the Easter bunny left the kids their baskets.
They each got something to wear to church that day, a book, some gum, and the little ones got some little dollar toys. So simple, but I'll tell you what, it adds up! The bunny spent over $200 on all that stuff! The good thing was that they all spent the rest of their down-time there reading instead of on the iPads, and they looked so darn cute all dressed up for Easter Sunday, as you'll see in the next pictures. :)
After attending Sacrament Meeting at my parent's ward, we drove to the temple. The weather was perfect. It was one of those nice, relaxing afternoons. Such a perfect place to visit on Easter Sunday.
I was raised in St. George, so this temple is the one that I consider "my" temple. It brings back many memories for me. During my teen years, I would go running with my friends and we always passed the temple, all lit up at night. It was also the temple where I received my endowments before my mission, and where a few of my siblings were married.
I love this place.
I love this place.
The visitor center has been added since I lived here. It's beautiful.
This is my favorite photo of the day.
He is Risen!
Here's Anya being her stubborn little self.
"Nope, I'm not going to hold your hand, Landon!"
Hazel was up for it though. :)
That afternoon, we were invited to Grandmas' beautiful back yard garden for our Easter Dinner. Sadie took this photo of Grandma's flower starts. Nothing makes my cute mom happier than growing food and pretty plants.
Part of our dinner included some of their home-grown broccoli. So tender and sweet. Nothing like what you buy in the store.
We LOVE Grandpa Hinton's Sunday dinners, especially when we get to eat outside.
My dad is the best comfort-food cook.
The Menu:
Leg of Lamb with Mint Jelly
Moe's Famous Mashed potatoes and gravy
Fresh, steamed broccoli and asparagus
Tossed Salad
and
Sourdough Rolls
I wish I had taken a picture of this next part. I was reunited with my best college friend/roommate whom I haven't seen in over 10 years. Her name is JoLynn. We both got married the same summer, then her husband started medical school soon after. They lived in Maryland, Georgia and Texas while he learned how to be a hand surgeon, then paid back the Army for putting him through school. After all these years, he is finally working as the one and only hand surgeon in St. George...my home. I love this. It means I'll get to see Jo again! Maybe our kids can even get to know each other. We went for a long walk together yesterday morning and caught up on life. She is one of those friends whom I feel totally comfortable with. It was like no time had even passed.
That afternoon, the boys went out shooting guns while the 3 little stayed with Grandma.
That afternoon, the boys went out shooting guns while the 3 little stayed with Grandma.
Sadie and I went shopping at the outlets for some spring clothes for all the kiddos.
Unfortunately, Jeremy had to get back for work today, so we had to drive home last night. But not before our traditional stop at Chuck-A Rama. This is our one big splurge every time we go to Dixie.
This is what I-15 looks like on a Monday night at 11:45.
I've never seen it so empty...had to take a picture.
The kids are out of school the rest of this week.
Hoping for some nice warm weather, so we can get out every day.
I'm VERY excited for General Conference this weekend!


3 comments:
What was the model in the big glass case? It looks like you had a great weekend. I'm glad.
It's a model of Jerusalem. You can listen to narratives about Jesus' life and while it talks about a certain story, a light on the model comes on to show you where it took place. It's really cool.
Just love to see and read your blog. Looks like you had grate easter time with your family. You all looked so happy together :)
Can´t belive that you have allready summer weather over there! We still have lots of snow and winter clothes on :) Looking at the pictures it was just like being on a trip with you. I love that temple too. I took Jusa to see it few years ago when we visited over there. It is beautiful temple area.
-sini
Post a Comment