I love General Conference weekend!
We listened to the first session on the radio, as we drove to Brigham City to meet with some of the families in Utah who have adopted children they found on Reece’s Rainbow.
What inspiring, wonderful people. All of these people said “yes” to a calling that would seem so incredibly burdensome to most people in the world. They knew their lives would never be the same, but they trusted that inner voice and went for it. They put a child’s needs above their own and in the process have counted themselves as BLESSED as they have watched their little one come to life before their eyes and learned so much as families.
I don't think it's amazing at all when I think of us because it's just the way it is, if that makes sense. But when I see others, I'm just amazed and honored to know them.

The last RR get-together we had was last summer. Anya and little Mia Cox were the only two who were home with their families at the time. All of the people there were waiting to finish their adoptions.
Look how many are home now! And this isn’t all of them! There are a few coming soon from China and *hopefully* Russia (keep praying!)
It was crazy getting all these kids to stay in one spot for a few seconds for this picture, but we managed somehow!
Back row: Anya (Russia, 3/2011) Gabe Preece (Russia, 2/13) Alisa Grove (Russia-same city as Hazel’s—Novosibirsk! 1/2013) Jaymie Bonner (Russia 2/2013) Front row: Hazel (Russia 12/2012) Sarah Lutkin (Ukraine June 2012) Jocie Richards (just came home from Ukraine 3/2013) and Hallie Grove (Also from Novosibirsk, Russia 1/2013)

After lunch, we listened to the Saturday afternoon session of conference as we drove on to Logan, to spend the rest of the weekend with G&G Fillmore.
Jeremy’s brother, Ryan and his family came on Sunday afternoon for dinner and to watch the Sun. afternoon session with us.
The talks were all so great, as always. I'm always so uplifted and motivated from General Conference. It's so exciting living on the earth right now. The Gospel is truly rolling forth as a "stone cut without hands."
My favorite quote from Sunday: "The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue. It is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know." --Jeffrey R. Holland
How many times do we feel like our faith or knowledge isn't enough when we are asking for help with our trials? I love this.
More of his words: "Sometimes we act as if an honest declaration of doubt is a higher manifestation of moral courage than is an honest declaration of faith! It is not!" and "You have more faith than you think you do." Ah, I loved the entire talk. It was just awesome!

Sadie and Landon both have nasty colds/coughs, so they were a little out of it. Good thing they can go back and read the talks later.

Jeremy couldn’t resist a wrestling match with his son after all that sitting. He’s still waiting for the day that Landon can take him down. It hasn’t happened yet.


Hazel discovered the joy of jumping on a trampoline for the first time. She loves it, and we will be getting one this week! We miss our in-ground trampoline from our old house. It’s time to get one again!


I gain a couple pounds every time we go to G&G Fillmore’s. I wonder why? They are too good to us. We love them!

We listened to the first session on the radio, as we drove to Brigham City to meet with some of the families in Utah who have adopted children they found on Reece’s Rainbow.
What inspiring, wonderful people. All of these people said “yes” to a calling that would seem so incredibly burdensome to most people in the world. They knew their lives would never be the same, but they trusted that inner voice and went for it. They put a child’s needs above their own and in the process have counted themselves as BLESSED as they have watched their little one come to life before their eyes and learned so much as families.
I don't think it's amazing at all when I think of us because it's just the way it is, if that makes sense. But when I see others, I'm just amazed and honored to know them.
The last RR get-together we had was last summer. Anya and little Mia Cox were the only two who were home with their families at the time. All of the people there were waiting to finish their adoptions.
Look how many are home now! And this isn’t all of them! There are a few coming soon from China and *hopefully* Russia (keep praying!)
It was crazy getting all these kids to stay in one spot for a few seconds for this picture, but we managed somehow!
Back row: Anya (Russia, 3/2011) Gabe Preece (Russia, 2/13) Alisa Grove (Russia-same city as Hazel’s—Novosibirsk! 1/2013) Jaymie Bonner (Russia 2/2013) Front row: Hazel (Russia 12/2012) Sarah Lutkin (Ukraine June 2012) Jocie Richards (just came home from Ukraine 3/2013) and Hallie Grove (Also from Novosibirsk, Russia 1/2013)
After lunch, we listened to the Saturday afternoon session of conference as we drove on to Logan, to spend the rest of the weekend with G&G Fillmore.
Jeremy’s brother, Ryan and his family came on Sunday afternoon for dinner and to watch the Sun. afternoon session with us.
The talks were all so great, as always. I'm always so uplifted and motivated from General Conference. It's so exciting living on the earth right now. The Gospel is truly rolling forth as a "stone cut without hands."
My favorite quote from Sunday: "The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue. It is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know." --Jeffrey R. Holland
How many times do we feel like our faith or knowledge isn't enough when we are asking for help with our trials? I love this.
More of his words: "Sometimes we act as if an honest declaration of doubt is a higher manifestation of moral courage than is an honest declaration of faith! It is not!" and "You have more faith than you think you do." Ah, I loved the entire talk. It was just awesome!
Sadie and Landon both have nasty colds/coughs, so they were a little out of it. Good thing they can go back and read the talks later.
Jeremy couldn’t resist a wrestling match with his son after all that sitting. He’s still waiting for the day that Landon can take him down. It hasn’t happened yet.
Hazel discovered the joy of jumping on a trampoline for the first time. She loves it, and we will be getting one this week! We miss our in-ground trampoline from our old house. It’s time to get one again!
I gain a couple pounds every time we go to G&G Fillmore’s. I wonder why? They are too good to us. We love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment