Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Project Life

I love this new way to scrapbook called Project Life. Or at least it's new to me!

One page per week. Simple, clean, geometrical layouts that I don't have to come up with. Graphics and filler cards available....it's everything I need to make my family-history- keeping consistent and simple.

I decided to do it this year, instead of my regular blog book. I'm planning to do one page per week and publish it as a 10"X10" book when the year is through. On the weeks that are picture-heavy, (birthdays, vacations, etc.) I'll create multiple pages.

So far it's been really fun! I love that it gives me a place to put all my random phone/Instagram pictures, which gives a little snapshot of our lives as the weeks pass.

Here's a tutorial on how to do this, from the company that I've purchased my Project Life kits from. There are other companies out there who make the templates, etc. And if you're an experienced digital scrapbooker, you can easily make your own filler cards. I made a few really easily by using the papers and elements that come with the kits.

Here are the pages I've done so far. I'm planning to add them to the blog as I do them each week. It will take the place of a lot of my blog posts because the journaling will be on the pages.

Get your scroller ready! :)



---------------------------


---------------------------


----------------------------


--------------------------


----------------------------


---------------------------

 
------------------------
 

-------------------------


------------------------


------------------------


-------------------------


------------------------


---------------------------


---------------------------


-----------------------
 

----------------------------


-----------------------------


---------------------------


------------------------------


-------------------------


----------------------------



Here are some more companies who have Project Life cards to sell.

Thank you, Emily Kearns for sharing all of this with me!

Here's Emily's Project Life Pinterest Board.

Brittish Designs

Sweet Shoppe Designs

AC Digitals

I'm so excited about this! I'm addicted! If you decide to try it, please come back and let me know! I'd love to see your pages.




 

1 comment:

rosedel said...

That is really cool. I wish that all the families who have blogged about their adoptions would just put up one page like that a month, after they are home. I have followed so many pre-adoption blogs and am so sad when they stop blogging. I get attached to kids and families and, yes, I worry about them. After adoption is hard. I know that time is i BIG problem but a few pictures and a few sentences say so much. Makes me wonder about doing my own blog about life as a, ahem,
older woman. :)