Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We're Coming Soon, Hazel. And this time we're not leaving you.

I promise. This time we really ARE bringing you home, sweetheart. It will be hard for you to trust us after leaving you twice now, but it's really true. You're coming home in a month!

--------------------------

It has been decided that Sadie (almost 14) and I will be the lucky travelers who get to go to Russia to pick up Hazel. Jeremy says he has no qualms whatsoever with missing out, after having just spent two weeks there, missing so much work. This way, he can stay home and make money and take care of the kiddo's.

We have our plane tickets booked and we're in the process of getting Sadie's passport and Visa. We'll have to pay higher fees to have them both expedited, and our tickets are outrageous because we're flying home the weekend before Christmas. BUT this will be an experience that Sadie will remember forever! We're leaving December 15, returning with the greatest Christmas present ever on December 22. We'll spend the first 3 days in frozen Novo, where we will finally get the ellusive passport, then we'll spring Hazel from her baby home and hop on a plane to Moscow to finish the process at the U.S. Embassy.  Sadie's counting down the days. She is beyond excited!
I know, I'm a nerd.
Every day I'm feeling a little more ready for our new addition. At least I think I am. :)Just in case there is anything I'm missing, I ordered this book, "Toddler Adoption." It just came in the mail today, along with an Ergo toddler carrier that my friend, Whitney sent for me to use in Russia. (Thanks, Whitney!)  Wearing Hazel will be so much easier than pushing her around in an umbrella stroller on the icy sidewalks!


Aaaaand as if I wasn't under enough stress right now, I offered to  host Jeremy's family for Thanksgiving. 28 people.  I'm a little nutty that way. Then we're headed to St. George to spend the weekend with my family.

When we return, I'll have to do ALL of our Christmas shopping and present wrapping in a 2 week period of time. This could be very dangerous. I'm usually a bargain hunter, but there will not be time for such things. It's so hard for me to focus on anything right now, and this is going to take a very concentrated effort. Wish me luck!

We have so, so much to be thankful for. May we enjoy each and every day that we're here on this earth and cherish everyone that we love. Happy Thanksgiving!