Thursday, November 8, 2012

21 FLOORS OVER NOVO - by Jeremy

For all of Heathers faithful followers and friends that frequent her blog, this is your fair warning that I, Heather's abandoned husband have commandeered this blog temporarily and will be attempting to share ...as Paul Harvey use to say, The Rest of the Story.

I am calling my posts 21 Floors over Novo cause that's where I'm at for the next week. I checked into the Hotel Novosibirsk this morning after handing over my apartment keys to a young man that knew no english (surprise) and just handed me 1,000 ru in return as our deposit. I walked out never to enter those puetrid smelling concrete stair wells again and enjoying watching the doors to the 2.5' x2.5' square, rickety elevator close behind me.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and with one hand dragged my borrowed suitecase with wheels that don't work well through the minus 10 degree crusted snow while my other carefully protected the 4 cute little blue bags full of gifts for the orphanage workers that  Heather assembled before leaving. You are all wishing I had a picture of that. :) I'm use to it, Heather sells Mary Kay and my pride left years ago as i delivered those little pink plastic bags with 3:1 cleanser to her client's doors.

This is a view from 21 Floors down onto our apartment building I just left...Good ridins.   It's the one in middle with the pink walls. It went well with our pink, stretched vinyl drop ceiling. And yes, most of those buildings are apartments. I was a true Russian man as I entered the hotel, checked in and stepped out of the pleasant smelling, music playing elevator onto the 21st floor where I will hang until further notice. The notice i hope to hear is that Varvara's passport was accepted and she and I will head to Moscow bound for American Fork Utah asap!

Here's a picture I took in our apartment the night before Heather left for home. This may be long week without my honey! Miss Hazle is a very lucky little girl to have this woman as her mommy as are all of our children. Thanks for getting us this far my dear! I got it from here!