Last night Heather shared with me that when they had family prayer they specifically prayed that Hazel could come home now. After the prayer, Max, our 10-year-old simply told her in his quiet way that he knew it would happen because so many people were praying. There's a scripture that states "and a child shall lead them" and this is proof the scriptures are true. Max, what you knew and the rest of us had faith was true did happen!
The passport agency agreed today to process Hazel's passport and told us we could pick it up around noon on Thursday! I'm bringing our little girl home this trip. Tear and big smile!
I want to be very clear about this and share that this is no less than a real miracle that just happened. I know the lord heard and answered all of the combined prayers on Hazel's behalf. I know this and want you to know it. Just over a day ago the same agency told us there was a 99.9% chance it would not be accepted. When that news came in all of you kept your heads bowed and still believed. I want to thank you for believing. It worked.
These are the words to a favorite hymn of mine i want to share.
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings; name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
The prophet of our church, President Thomas S. Monson, said:
"To any who from anguish of heart and sadness of soul have silently asked, “Heavenly Father, are you really there? … Do you hear and answer ev’ry … prayer?”5 I bear my witness that He is there. He does hear and answer every prayer. His Son, the Christ, burst the bands of our earthly prisons, and heaven’s blessings await us."
My heart is full and I am humbly grateful to each of you who have taken your time to kneel and pray for Hazel. As President Monson said, the Lord does hear and answer every prayer.
I should be getting Hazel from the baby home on Thursday afternoon and heading to Moscow on Friday morning to get the Visa. Then home hopefully this weekend. There are a few planets that need to align in Moscow and last-minute travel arrangements to take place so may I ask for a few more prayers to help give us a shove home? Thanks.
Believe!
4 comments:
Post a Comment