This picture was taken by a lady who is adopting a little boy in Hazel’s groupa. She was there a few weeks ago for her first trip. She said it’s so hot in the orphanage that the kids hang out in their underwear in the afternoons to stay cool. And as you can see, they cut the girls’ hair short, too.
The judge who will hear our case took the month of July off, and we just found out that she’s going to take August off as well. (A two-month vacation. Are you serious?) That means our court papers won’t be filed until August 27, which means we won’t travel until at least the end of September.
It’s so hard not to become impatient. Hazel could be here in our home right now, being snuggled by her siblings. But she’s stuck in that hot, miserable orphanage. It will be at least four months between trips.
I rest in the knowledge that she’s being well-fed and watched over, though. And in the fact that this is just a small moment in her life. She’ll be with us forever after that.
School starts in two and a half weeks! Looking at the bright side, I’ll have one month (maybe two) of just Eli and I here at home until 2:30. I’m looking forward to this time that we can spend together, just the two of us. And it will give me some time to get things ready for our new arrival.
Happy end of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment