Yesterday was the ultimate Saturday for our 13 year old girl.
Sadie has been planning and saving for this day all month.
The big back-to school shopping extravaganza with friends.
Why would this day be needed, anyway? Their school requires uniforms.
Well, we'll just call it "free-dress-day shopping."
It's important to have lots of cute clothes because apparently,
it's unheard of to wear something on free-dress-day
that you've worn on a previous free-dress-day.
I got to take these five beauties to the new City Creek Mall in SLC.
The only two stores that are affordable in the whole mall
are H&M and Forever 21. But Sadie insisted this was the place to go.
Being their chaperon brought back so many memories!
I would save my babysitting money all summer, then a mom would
drive my friends and I down to Las Vegas from our home in St. George.
Walking into the mall was like walking into Disneyland!
So much selection. So many cute clothes. I remember thinking,
"Maybe this year, I'll make more cool friends because
I'm so much more in style! This is the year!"
What's really trippy is that the same styles of clothes are filling
all the racks that did when I was this age. It's like stepping back to 1985!
And the prices are about the same as they were then. Crazy!
And the prices are about the same as they were then. Crazy!
1 comment:
sounds like a great day for sadie and the girls. good for you sadie, you have a very nice mom. how is the family? steve is in alaska now. have a good week. see you on the week-end.cf-
Post a Comment