Sadie turned 13 on Wednesday. I’ve been feeling like she’s 13 for the past couple of years, funny enough. But now it’s really official! We can really say she’s a teenager!
She loved the day. From sun up till sun down, she was treated like a queen.
We started with our traditional breakfast in bed. Her dad made crepes and we all went downstairs and sang to her. (Didn't her room turn out cute? I don't think I've taken any pictures of it since we finished it at Christmas time. I painted the trees by looking at pictures of some decals that were like $100 to purchase. They were really easy...anyone could do it!)
At school, her friend, Abbie made sure that everyone in the Jr. High told her happy birthday.
Then Jeremy and I went and checked her out for lunch and the last period of the day. We went and picked up bento boxes at an Asian restaurant and took it to the AF Amphitheater for a picnic. It just happened to be sunny that day. It felt so good to be outside in the fresh air, soaking in the sun together. (Too bad we were the only ones there, so we had to take our pictures separately. )
That evening, after dinner Abbie showed up and asked if she could “borrow an egg.” Little did Sadie know that she, Jenna and Erin had been down in her room while we were eating dinner, decorating her room all up. I said, Sadie, come down to your room. There’s something I want to show you. Abbie had run down real quick to join her friends. When Sadie walked in, they all yelled, “SURPRIZE!” They showered her with gifts and hugs. She felt so loved.
We had to do a quick candle blow-out because it was Mutual night at church. Sadie actually made her own cupcakes that day.
That night was New beginnings at the church. It’s a program for the teenage girls in our church that they have once a year. I love the Young Women’s program! Right now, I’m serving as the secretary and I LOVE it! My favorite church calling ever, I think. It’s been a really great bonding thing for Sadie and I.
After New Beginnings, Jeremy took Sadie out for a drive and they did silly things together. (Like climbed on top of bronze statues or something like that…) Jeremy came home saying, we REALLY need to do these impromptu things more often with our kids.
The birthday fun was extended to Friday night, when I took her to the Mall to pick out a few things to wear. Shopping is her VERY favorite thing right now…she was on cloud 9 the whole night and found some really cute things. Both sets of grandparents sent her some money to spend, too!
I told Sadie on her Facebook wall, “If all TEENAGE girls could be as incredible as you, I want 100 of them!” Yeah, she has her moody moments (ahem…especially in the mornings…) but we have to allow her that sometimes. I really am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter, who radiates light, lifts others up and loves life to pieces. We love Sadie Sue!!
No comments:
Post a Comment