For some weird reason, all 5 of our biological children have been hit with this nasty virus when they were two... complete with the dreaded symptoms. There’s something in our genes that makes us susceptible to it. I imagine Anya had it, too because she gets cold sores with the best of us. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
It was Eli’s turn for the outbreak this past week.
Poor Eli boy. He has been so miserable. Everything hurts his mouth. If he gets upset, his gums bleed. I tried to softly wipe them with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball because his breath was so bad, and it just made them bleed like crazy. He’s eating now, thank heavens.
Sadie and I get cold sores every time we get sick, eat too many nuts (even a FEW pecans or walnuts will do it for me) eat something with MSG in it, or get too much sun on our lips. I try to remember every day to take L Lysine. As long as I keep up with that and don’t go overboard on nuts, I’m OK. But I made some yummy, healthy almond snacks a few weeks ago and of course ate like 10 of them. (They were HEALTHY, you know…) So I got a cold sore and exposed Eli to the lovely virus.
Well, glad we got it over with and that Eli is now on the mend.
3 comments:
eli, we are sooooo sorry you have those,sores, they look awful, and hurtful. sorry. hope they are all gone, and you feel better. we love you tons. hugs and kisses. gf-
Crap...every time I see or even think about cold sores I get one. So thanks a lot I'm bound to get one in the next day or two! :) I hate them they are the worst. I didn't know that little kids had break outs like that. It's so sad. Hop Eli feels better quick!
Ugh, I hate cold sores! Poor little Eli! That just sounds miserable! Glad he is starting to feel better.
Post a Comment