So that (along with the new basement) put me into decorating mode. I wish I had all kinds of money and I’d go crazy! We’ll just have to do a little at a time. And we’ll for sure have to wait until the adoption is all paid for before we do too much.
Here’s the living room so far. It’s a work in progress. I drew the curtains in so I could get a visual idea of how they will look.
My future plans (to add a little at a time):
1) Make some fun curtains and a couple of throw pillows to match.
2) Get an overstuffed accent chair with ottomon and put it where the little chairs are, then move the little chairs to the sides of the fireplace
3) Replace everything that’s on the mantle.
4) Put the other end table on the side of the love seat and put some really awesome lamps on the two tables.
5) Replace the ugly fireplace façade with a brick one with a custom white mantle that goes to the floor. A girl can dream, right?
How do you like the gallery wall? I painted it the gray/blue color we had downstairs, then I took a bunch of frames that had I wasn’t using any more and spray painted them white. I still need to replace a few of the pictures that are in them. I’ll take a closer picture of it when I get it done. I had our neighbor make the vinyl saying. It says, “Together, we make a family.” I’m loving it!
Any other suggestions? (Not that anyone reads this blog anymore.
2 comments:
Love the photo gallery. The huge clock is a favorite of mine. We are in the midst of putting in a snack bar area in our family room, little project but why do they always turn into a major production.
Super love the accent wall color are you going to pick up that color in the drapes?
i read this, and love it. you have done so good, love it all. it just does take one thing at a time, you will get it, i know. it really looks nice. i read this after i had sent you an e-mail. so now i see what you have been doing.! nite- cf-
Post a Comment