Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Girls' Night Out 2011

Every year I organize a Girls Night Out for moms in our church congregation. Last year and this year, we went to our friends, the Brady's cabin about 40 minutes from here. It has a breathtaking view of the Heber Valley. 

We had about 12 ladies come to eat out at Malawi's in Provo on Friday night, then six of us (and a very cute baby) were able to drive up the canyon and stay overnight. It was a much-needed break, and I loved getting to know these remarkable women better! You learn so much about someone when you actually have time to sit and talk without interruptions! Every one of them made me want to be a better person. So strong, valiant, and beautiful- inside and out. 

Don't know why my face looks orange in this picture. Anyway...this was taken with the self-timer on my camera and we were all cracking up because you could hear everyone smile at the same time when the beeper  sped up.



I think I went to bed at 3:15 am. Sarah and Rochelle stayed up until 6:00!! Good times.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

What a great idea!! I would love to do this with our branch!
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com