Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Officially 39 and Holding


It seems like the older I get, the less I care about Birthdays.
But if they give us an excuse to spend time together, bring them on, huh?

A perfect birthday to me right now is one where all of my family is together,
doing something out in nature. (Good thing my b-day is in July!)
 I don't need a cake or presents. Just my family.

This year, my birthday fell on the day that Utah observed our state holiday,
"Pioneer Day," because the 24th was on a Sunday.
So Jeremy took the whole day off work
and we enjoyed a great day together. 
In the morning, we rode our bikes up Provo Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls.
The sky was overcast, so it was nice and cool-ish outside.
It was so beautiful!

  




Look at this cute sign that Daddy and Bennett made.  So sweet.



The other thing I got to do to celebrate was spend 24 hours away with my love, last Friday and Saturday.

To kick off the weekend, we went to the Salt Lake LDS Temple to witness the sealing of Mia Kareen Cox to her family. Wow, was it ever precious. The spirit was so powerful, yet sweet and tender. We felt truly honored to be there. It made us soo excited for August 27, when we will take Anya to the temple to be sealed to our family.

After the sealing, we drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Solitude Ski Resort and used some gift certificates at an incredible restaurant called Kimi's. YUMMY!


I know, you think I have some splainin' to do, being Mormon and all.
I put this picture on FB and my MIL commented with, "WHAT are you DRINKING?"
It's Huckleberry Soda in a beer bottle. And Raspberry lemonade. LOL

Naturally, I got cold, so we moved inside.


This arugula salad sent me straight to heaven. And so did their Wild Mushroom Soup.
The waitress told us that people drive up the canyon just for that soup,
so I had to order it.
Ohhh my. Heavenly with the crusty bread.
No wonder this night put a couple of pounds on me.
(The pork chop was Jeremy's, but I had to have a few bites of that, too.)

After our delicious dinner, we drove back to Salt Lake and stopped at Liberty Park for a romantic walk around the pond. We haven't been able to do something like that in a long time, so we cherished every minute of it! Jeremy kept taking big, deep breaths and saying, "Ohhh, this is soooo great. Can we just bottle this up?"

That night, we stayed at at The Armstrong Mansion.

            Can you say no kids, big jetted tub and the comfiest bed in the universe?
That's what I'm talkin' about. Hee hee.

Thanks to everyone for your sweet birthday wishes on Facebook!
Even though I'm getting OLD(!!!), I feel so grateful to have been born during such an exciting time on the earth.
My life is abundant and richly blessed. Lucky, lucky me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Tina

Katrina said...

My mom's birthday is July 25th :) too. So glad to see you had such a great time. I am so jealous that you got to be at the Cox's sealing.