Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Waiting for Bubbles

One of my earliest cooking memories is when I was around 10 years old.   I was really hungry and I was making mac & cheese.  I stood by the stove, staring at the pot, wondering if the water would ever come to a boil.  My mom asked me,  "Have you ever heard the saying, "watched water never boils?" 
Every time I have been in a hurry for my water to boil, I remember that saying.  I don't know if my mom made it up, or if she heard it from her mom, or where it came from.  But for some reason, that saying keeps popping back into my head right now! 

Any day, we will receive an e-mail telling us our first travel date.   We were told we would receive it approximately ten days from the when the registration dossier was submitted. It could take longer because the people on the Committee of Education and the orphanage officials are just returning from their vacations.

It's been eight days.  And I've been watching that pot of water (my e-mail inbox,) like a hawk, waiting for those magic bubbles to appear. 

So, if I turn off the computer and just check it once a day, instead of 20 do you think it will happen?  Hmm...maybe I'll give it a try.  Who knows?