I loved the article in the Ensign this month called "The Value of Experiencing and Expressing Gratitude."
I read it the other night and it inspired me! I liked how the author explained it:
Gratitude is a positive experience that comes from recognizing gifts or blessings and feeling thankful. It is also an attitude, a way of perceiving life, in which individuals are willing to receive and acknowledge the beneficial actions of others on their behalf. Those who consistently display such an attitude are said to have a grateful disposition. Gratitude is also a habit that can be cultivated, causing one to focus on the blessings of life. Finally, gratitude can be defined as a coping response to challenging or difficult circumstances. Gratitude can have a profound effect on perspective, completely determining or altering the way we look at an experience.
I've always wanted to start a gratitude journal, but knew that it would be like my other journal: sadly neglected, maybe even forgotten. But I thought about it, and realized that I've stayed consistant with blogging for two years now. I look forward to blogging because I can put pictures with my thoughts, and it's instant gratification.
So, I thought, what better time to start than now?! I'm going to start a gratitude journal-blog. Every day, I will record something that I'm grateful for that day. I hope to take a photo each day to go with the entry, but I know that may not always happen. If whatever I'm thinking of that day is too personal to publicize, I'll put it in my regular journal. But most of the entries will go on http://www.fillmoregratitude.blogspot.com/. (Get it? "Feel-more gratitude?" Oh, I'm so clever. :) I'm most excited to publish the posts into a little book to pull out whenever I'm feeling blue, or happy, for that matter!
Feel free to stop by any time if you need some warm fuzzies for the day.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like that idea and the posts. It's always good to think about what you are grateful for during the day. It makes you appreciate things better and realize what you really have since most things get lost in the struggles of everyday life.
Post a Comment