
Is there anything more glorious than visiting an elementary school classroom? I wish I could spend time in my kids' classes every day. It makes me so happy. I don't get to do it much with two little ones at home.
I got to help with Max's Valentines party yesterday. So much fun! We had the kids all bring a new or gently-used children's book to donate this school in Ghana.
My friend, Amy is going to visit this school in a couple of weeks when she goes to meet her daughter, Belinda for the first time. I'm so excited for her!
The school is also an orphanage, called Luckyhill. It is run by a sweet LDS bishop and his wife. Amy is going to take the books to add to their library that they are building right now.

As one of the "centers" at the party, the children each wrote a little note to include in the book that they donated. I took pictures of each one of them to include with the notes. I hope those precious little children in Ghana will feel of our love for them when they read these books.
Isn't Mrs. Nielson the cutest teacher? Good thing she teaches 2nd grade and not 6th, because all her boy students would have crushes on her! ;)
Of course the kids all got to do fun stuff like make valentines and inhale lots of sugar. What would Valentines Day be without those two important activities?
Happy Valentines Day!




3 comments:
Great idea for the classroom and great pictures! The color looks great!
I love projects like this. It can be so easy to help others and can be actually fun. It's great that your kids can learn that at such an early age already. I'm sure the kids in Ghana will feel your love. That's awesome!
Heather, you are wonderful! The kids are going to love those books . . . and the notes, what a great idea! Thank you so much.
Post a Comment