Monday, February 8, 2010

Photography 101

A couple of weeks ago I took a photography class from my friend, Jami. We spent three hours soaking in the in's and out's of using the manual mode on an SLR camera.  My big "AHA!" was learning how to meter the light off of the subject's face, then adjusting the settings accordingly.  It finally all "clicked!" Now I just need to practice, practice, practice.  Jami's boys and Sadie came for the last hour of the class, to be models for us so we could practice our stuff.  Here are a few of my favorites.  I can't wait to see the ones that Jami took...the professional ones. :) 











Here are some of the other class members' blog entries about this class and their pictures:
Elisa
Tricia
Jami She's doing another class like the one I took.  I HIGHLY recommend it, if you have an SLR camera and you only know how to shoot in auto mode.  It really was perfect!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Your photos turned out great! It was fun meeting you. You have a beautiful family...and that Sadie...she's a sweetheart. Tell her thanks for being a so cute and patient!

AmyJ said...

Nice job! I understand the "aha" moment. I was stuck on green, and then learned how to use the manual mode (f-stops and aperture and shutter speed and ISO and how it all affects your picture), and I love it! I love having complete control over my photos. Nice job, again! :)

Lytles said...

Thanks for the advise with the metering! It really does make a difference on my pictures! Great job on your pictures! It will be fun to share more ideas next week!