The Lady Fingers (for breakfast!)


The Mummies (for lunch!)
The Jack-O-Lanterns

Some of our cute primary kids struttin' in the costume parade

I helped with Sadie's class party. They made some cute bags out of felt and yarn.The HAUL!
What a dream come true! A whole pile of Kit Kats--Landon's favorite! And they were only out until 9:00. I didn't get a picture of Landon's costume. He was "Random Man" in other words, a guy with all kinds of random things on like a goofy hat, a clown bow-tie, and slotted glasses.
The Fine Print:
Here's my take on Halloween: Fun memories for the kids...a big ol pain in the "cupcakes" for the parents. I LOVE everything about the fall except Halloween. All you have to show for all that work and money is some very cute pictures and a whole bunch of candy that kills their immune systems for the next few weeks. But hey, if it makes them happy, we'll keep on doin' it because that's what you do when you're a parent, right? Are there any parents out there that love Halloween? Maybe if you only have one or two kids it's more fun. I don't know.





6 comments:
Oh, I am so with you on Halloween. It's not my favorite either. We have a rule in our family that the kids stop trick-or-treating when they become teenagers and they fend for themselves if they want a costume. We have enough around the house to come up with something if they wanted. I'm really bad because I let them eat as much of their candy as fast as they can so it's done and over with. They were already sick of their candy by Sunday night then they gave a bunch to the older kids so all of our candy is almost gone now. I'm focusing on Thanksgiving (my favorite) now. :) Your kids looked so cute! I love how smiley Eli is!
I'm so glad Halloween is over! I feel like the Grinch around Halloween time! Cute costumes on your kids! I loved the dog costume the best! I also loved your breakfast and lunch themed meals! Great job!
Everyone looks so cute- as always. I love the pumpkin picture. Max totally looks like his Jack'O'Lantern, that's pretty funny.
Haha. I totally understand what you mean. Especially for the little ones it's hard to understand that they can't eat candy all the time since they have so much. You could make them sell their candy again. :D
I'm with you on Halloween too. Not my favorite holiday. But the kids love it so that' why we do it, right?!
I wouldn't even blink if it never happened again ;)
I'm with ya on Halloween. We buy our kids candy back from them, they get to keep just a small handful. My neighbor stashes it all and gives it out to the trick or treaters the next year. Good idea huh? Your kids looked like they had a blast though. Brooklyn loves Reces PB cups like Landon loves Kit Kats. She had quite the collection and ate herself sick the next day.
Post a Comment