Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh, Goodey

Sadie's fifth grade teacher, Mr. Goodey is so great. Just like her 4th grade teacher, he has a fun, quirky personality and tells all kinds of fascinating stories and funny jokes.

For example, when he's about to tell a story about his childhood, he always starts with, "You know, when I was a little girl..."

When he plays music, he grabs his old washboard and plays it like a guitar.

He makes learning fun and exciting and loves to get the kids writing, writing, writing! Of course, I love that. And he doesn't like worksheets!

I was in their classroom today for the Halloween party and I thought I'd capture a little the essense of Mr. Goodey.


First, his Halloween costume.



And next, his "Wish List" posted outside his door: (In case you don't have a child in elementary school, a wish list is supposed to be a list of supplies that the teacher is hoping that the parents will donate.)

No comments: